1/2 C. Green Thai Curry paste
1 TB. Canola oil
1 13.5 oz. can regular coconut milk
¼ C. almond butter
Juice 2 Limes- zest reserved for gremolata
4 Kaffir Lime leaves if you can find
1 TB brown sugar
1 TB fish sauce
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken (thighs or breasts)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium Dutch oven, stir fry oil and curry paste until fragrant.
3. Add the coconut milk and whisk to combine.
4. Add the almond butter and whisk until it melts into sauce.
5. Add the lime juice and kaffir leaves, sugar and fish sauce, whisking to combine.
6. Bring to a simmer and add chicken.
7. Place in the oven covered for about an hour until tender.
8. Take out pot, shred chicken, stir mixture, and serve over rice or noodles with Thai Gremolata.
½ C. salted roasted cashews, chopped
Zest of 2 limes
½ C. cilantro, basil or parsley, or mint chopped