Grilled Zucchini and Leeks w Walnuts (Bon Appetit)
- 1/3 C. Walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 TB. Lemon juice
- 5 Tb. Olive oil, divided
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise with roots attached
- 2 Zucchini, halved lengthwise
- ½ C. Parsley
1. Toast walnuts and chop coarsely and set aside. Whisk together garlic, lemon juice and 3 TB. Olive oil in large bowl.
2. Brush leeks and zucchini with 2 TB oil, kosher salt and pepper. Grill until tender and charred in spots, 5-10 minutes, depending on size!
3. Transfer veggies to cutting board. Trim roots and cut all into bite sized pieces. Add to bowl with dressing and walnuts and toss, adding kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
** If you want to make a heartier salad toast some farro in a dry pan for 5 minutes, then cover with water, add a couple pinches of salt, and boil until tender, 20-30 minutes. Toss with salad for lunch all week long!