Marketing and Communications Intern
So, you’re a food geek. You snap photos of everything you eat, from your morning coffee to your late-night snack. You love to learn and tell a story. You are both creative and super organized, and you want to be involved in a start up that is changing the way communities connect through food. Come join our team!
Kitchen Underground is looking for a dynamic go-getter to assist marketing and communications efforts. We’ll make sure you have valuable opportunities to learn real-world marketing, content strategy, and communications skills.
- Assist Company Founders with social media content, data analysis and strategy.
- Help draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
- Manage editorial and event calendars.
- Design flyers, ads, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material.
- Update our website as needed and help post classes.
- Collaborate with leadership on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications.
- Help organize and attend community-building events and cooking classes.
- Firm grasp of available and emerging tools and platforms in the social media space.
- Completed or working toward a college degree in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations).
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Posses excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission.
This is an unpaid internship for an average of 15-20 hours per week, and we can work with your schedule as needed. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.